Sunday 26 July 2015

Latex Wounds (Industrial Accident)



So I posted this photo on Instagram as the start of my 100 days of make up challenge, I want to stretch my abilities as far as make up goes, including getting back in to SFX make up, so I thought I'd start with that.

This entire look was made from liquid latex and ripped up cotton wool pads, the most simple and effective technique to create realistic looking wounds.

I didn't really have an idea of what I was trying to create when starting this look, but I really liked how it turned out, and I definitely feel like it's some kind of industrial accident kind of wound, like something in a factory ran over the right side of my face... Ermmmmmmmmmm, yeah let's go with that.

Lemme give you the low down on how I created this look in 4 easy steps!

1. Map out where you want your wound to be on your face and start layering down layers of liquid latex in the perimeter, you want to wait for each layer to dry before placing the next one down. I did this about 3 times to start creating some skin texture.

2. After the first layers are dry, place down a further layer but on top of this one start placing ripped up cotton wool pads in varied shapes and sizes over the wound marking, cover this in latex until it's fully saturated. When this is still malleable start lifting portions and poking around the cotton to give your skin some raised textures and bulbous areas. 

3. When this is completely dry you can start painting, I made myself a grey foundation by using my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and scraping some of the black shadow from one of my Make Up Revolution Palettes in to the foundation and BOOM, you have made yourself grey foundation. Cover the whole wound in your grey concoction and make sure to get in to the small details created by the cotton and latex.

4. To finish, create more depth with a black shadow and a small angled brush in the deepest parts of the wound, this will give the look much more dimension. Make sure to darken your eye the most, and especially make sure the water line is blackened, and without this the look will be too broken up. I also added more of my foundation to the grey concoction and used this lighter grey to highlight the higher points of the wound.

And you are now a scary accident victim, go scare people with your mangled face!

PRODUCTS MENTIONED
LIQUID LATEX (AVAILABLE SUPER CHEAP ON AMAZON)
COTTON WOOL PADS (AVAILABLE AT MOST DRUGSTORES AND FOOD STORES)
RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION 
ANY MATTE BLACK SHADOW (I USED THE ONE IN MY "RUN BOY RUN" PALETTE)

5 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing look! You look so awesome!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's such a unique look and you pull it off so well!:) just followed your blog:)
    http://photography-duo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so realistic! You are so talented! xo, Dr Christian Farthing

    ReplyDelete